Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Excellence Award
Description of Award
The purpose of the AACN Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Excellence Award is to recognize a faculty member who systematically investigates questions related to student learning and the conditions under which it occurs in order to improve outcomes. See past award winners.
FREQUENCY OF AWARDS
The call for award applications will be announced during each Fall semester, with the nomination application packets due during the following Spring semester.
APPLICATION Deadline for 2016 cycle
June 2, 2017
For this award cycle, the award winner will be announced in August 2017.
- Faculty at AACN member school
- Experienced faculty; defined as teaching full- or part-time for 5 years or more in the faculty role
- Faculty with a doctoral degree in nursing or related discipline
- Faculty teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
- Demonstrates a program of research focused on the science of teaching and learning
- Disseminates scholarship of teaching and learning through national and/or international presentations and peer-reviewed publications
- Provides leadership in the application of evidence-based teaching/learning practices to impact student learning outcomes
The eligible faculty member may be nominated by their Dean/Program Director, a peer faculty member, or a student. The nomination application packet consists of the components:
1. Letter from Dean/Program Director – may be nominating letter or letter of support.
2. Letter from a peer faculty member or a student – may be nominating letter or letter of support.
3. Additional letters of support – not to exceed two additional letters of support from either students or peer faculty.
4. Nominee curriculum vitae
5. Nominee personal statement – describe your program of research and how it meets the Award Criteria
- There must be at least one letter of nomination and one letter of support.
- It is recommended that letters address the stated award criteria and provide evidence or examples of meeting the criteria.
- All letters and statements must be no longer than two pages in length.
- All letters must be written within the last six months.
- All components of the application packet will be utilized to judge the degree to which each nominee meets the award criteria.
- All components of the nomination application must be submitted as a single packet; either as a single document or multiple documents submitted attached to a single electronic mail message. PDF is the preferred format.
All nominations should be electronically submitted via the online application.
Nominations are due June 2, 2017.
Presentation Of Awards
The Award recipient will:
- Choose one from the following conferences to attend and receive your award during the following academic year: Faculty Development, or Baccalaureate, Masters, or Doctoral Education conferences. The registration fee for your chosen conference will be waived. If the award recipient is a team, only one member of the team will receive a waived registration conference fee.
- Receive an engraved award.
- Be spotlighted on AACN’s website and in the association’s electronic publications.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Award Winner