How to Join
Membership Eligibility Criteria
Institutional membership is open to any institution that offers a baccalaureate or higher degree program in nursing which meets the following criteria:
- Legal authorization to grant the credential to which the program leads;
- Institutional accreditation by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education; and
- Approval by the state agency that has legal authority for educational programs in nursing.
Provisional memberships may be held for a total of (3) years and is open to any institution that is in the process of developing a baccalaureate or higher degree program that meets the following criteria.
- Legal authorization to grant the credential to which the program leads; and
- Institutional accreditation by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
AACN dues for fiscal year 2017 (July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017) are $2,492 for schools that have never before been members. Regular price dues for former AACN members are $4,984. These fees are the same for institutional and provisional institutional members.
Individual Membership Awards
Individual AACN memberships are awarded by the Board of Directors in three categories: Emeritus, Honorary, and Honorary Associate. Consideration is given to individuals who regularly attended and presented at AACN meetings; served on the AACN Board of Directors, committees and/or task forces; contributed to AACN publications; and contributed to nursing education at the national, state, and local levels.
Emeritus membership may be conferred upon a former nursing dean or director who has retired from the deanship and to whom the AACN member school has granted emeritus status.
Honorary membership may be conferred upon former active AACN institutional representatives who have retired from the deanship but who continue to further nursing education or health care.
Honorary Associate Member
Honorary Associate may be conferred upon any individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the goals of the association.
For a downloadable membership application or for additional information, please contact Beth Aronson, Membership Director, email@example.com, (202) 463-6930 ext. 263.