Call for Expert Faculty Reviewers
2013-2014 Educational Innovations
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), the Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence (JCNE), and Khan Academy have partnered to create a free, peer-developed and reviewed, professional online health education resource to help nurses prepare for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®). Together, these institutions are hosting a competition for health care students and professionals to create videos and practice questions related to content found on the NCLEX-RN content. Competition winners will have a chance to produce video and question content that will be accessible to health care students and professionals worldwide.
AACN is seeking expert faculty to function as content reviewers. Reviewers will be expected to provide feedback to content creators of video tutorials in short, concise reviews regarding scientific errors, major content omissions, and teaching style suggestions. Reviewers will also review sample questions, answers, and hints. Reviewers must review assigned content within 2 weeks, throughout the duration of their contract.
- Expert on physiology and pathophysiology related to cardiovascular, respiratory, pediatrics, and/or hematology systems
- Experience and expertise in teaching this content
- Meets deadlines effectively
- Proficient using Microsoft Word and YouTube
- Comfortable learning and using online tools (specifically the online tool Trello)
- Regular access to broadband internet
- Ability to commit up to 5-7 hours per week for content review
- Be available to train and review content between February 2014 and October 2014
AACN will offer an honorarium for reviewers. Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter describing their qualifications and their curriculum vitae or resume.
Deadline for submission
January 3, 2014 or until a core set of reviewers is found.
Karen Kesten, DNP, APRN, CCRN, PCCN, CCNS, CNE
Director of Educational Innovations
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
One Dupont Circle, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036
202-463-6930, ext. 274