NursingCAS is the national centralized application service that provides prospective students the opportunity to apply to over 1,800 participating programs at nursing schools nationwide using one, online platform. There is NO cost for schools to participate in NursingCAS. All training, cloud-based software, and support are free. And participating schools can customize their requirements and the application on a per-program basis including:
- Branding with custom images and color schemes
- Adding instructional text to guide applicants and answer common questions
- Providing program details such as deadline, delivery, degree type, track, etc.
- Adding specific questions that applicants must answer
- Identifying documents applicants must submit to their program
- Applicants can self-identify which of their coursework matches the program’s prerequisites
- Identifying the type of transcripts (official, unofficial, none) required
- Indicating what type of coursework entry (full academic history, prerequisites only, none) is required
How Does NursingCAS Work?
- NursingCAS is a Centralized Application Service for prospective students to research and apply for a nominal fee to RN diploma, associate degree, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs at participating nursing schools nationwide using one, online application.
- Powerful Web-Based Admissions Software called WebAdMIT for staff to manage and analyze their applicant pool. WebAdMIT includes tools for scoring candidates based on custom criteria, tracking interviews, conducting an online review of applicants, calculating program-specific GPAs, sending and tracking applicant communications, creating custom reports, and exporting data to import into internal systems. Schools can have an unlimited number of users with customized access. Ongoing training and support is provided.
- Integrated Administrative Services including the processing and management of transcripts, references, supporting materials, calculating GPAs, and providing applicant service and support.
March 20, 2016
Promoting Diversity in the Nursing Admissions Process, Lessons Learned from Dentistry
RSVP for this session during AACN’s Spring Meeting sponsored by NursingCAS featuring a presentation on diversity and holistic admissions by Kim D’Abreu, the Senior Director for Access, Diversity, and Inclusion at the American Dental Education Association.