Prospective School Information
NursingCAS is the centralized application service for prospective students to apply to diploma, associate degree, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral nursing programs at participating schools nationwide.
NursingCAS launched in March 2010. Phase I of the NursingCAS launch included any type of undergraduate registered nurse (RN) program, including diploma, associate degree, baccalaureate, and entry-level master’s programs. Phase II launched in September 2010, which expanded to include master’s and doctoral nursing programs. Read more about the NursingCAS launch and expansion.
Participation in NursingCAS is free and voluntary to accredited schools of nursing. All participating schools will receive a free copy of the web-based software, WebAdMIT, needed to collect and sort applicant information. Learn more about the benefits of WebAdMIT. The WebAdMIT User’s Guide is a helpful resource. The Data Dictionary is also useful, especially for IT staff at your institution.
- Watch the NursingCAS Video to learn more about the application service and how WebAdMIT works
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions
- Talking Points are also a helpful resource.
- Visit the Applicant Portal
- View a sample PDF of a Completed Application - Note some information is redacted
- View a Sample PDF of the Letter of Reference form
- Interested in joining NursingCAS? Then please review the Registration Materials