Prospective Students and Applicants
Frequently Asked Questions
How will prospective nursing students benefit from the application service?
- NursingCAS offers a convenient and efficient process to research and apply to multiple nursing programs using a single Web-based application.
- The service reduces or eliminates the need for duplicate application data, letters of reference, transcripts, and other admissions materials.
- Students may access in real-time an applicant portal which can be used to check the status of their nursing school application, including the receipt of verified transcripts and letters of reference.
- Students will have one point of contact to meet customer service and technical support needs throughout the application process.
- Students select the nursing schools to which they wish to apply. NursingCAS has a process that for notifying applicants about schools with available seats.
- Applicants to undergraduate nursing programs offered at the diploma, associate, baccalaureate degree level will pay $45 to submit their first school designation, and $30 for all subsequent designations. Applicants to master’s and doctoral programs will pay $65 for the first designation, and $35 for all subsequent designations.
- No, applicants may apply to as many programs as they choose.
- Yes, applicants can access the status of their application in real time from any computer with Internet access and a standard browser. Applicants can maintain access to their applications as often as desired prior to submission.
View additional FAQs here.
Contact NursingCAS Customer Support with any questions regarding your application, how to apply through NursingCAS, and/or to check the status of your application and supporting documents.
NursingCAS Customer Support
NursingCAS P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
Mail all official U.S. and Canadian college transcripts and any paper-based references to the address listed above (P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471).
If you have any school specific questions regarding admissions criteria, requirements, program information, etc. please refer to the Participating Schools page for contact information and direct question to the school in which you are applying to directly. In addition, remember to consult the participating programs directly for program specific requirements and/or supplemental information if applicable.
Please note that AACN does not provide information to applicants or prospective students about the NursingCAS process or have access to application data or status. Please contact NursingCAS customer support at 617-612-2880 or via email, or your selected nursing institution directly for NursingCAS-related inquiries.
A new and more user-friendly version of NursingCAS is scheduled to be released on October 15, 2014. Stay tuned this summer for more details!
View this PowerPoint presentation to learn more about the application process.