QSEN Informatics Initiative
news & updates
- Mark Your Calendar for the 2012 QSEN Nursing Informatics Deep Dive Workshop
Date: October 1-3, 2012
Location: Marriott San Francisco Airport Hotel
Application Deadline: Extended to August 20, 2012
Click here to view workshop flyer.
- The application process has been simplified and a letter of support is no longer required. Click Here To Apply Today!
The purpose of the QSEN Nursing Informatics Deep Dive Workshop (DDW) is to develop, pilot, and evaluate a curriculum to enhance the knowledge and competencies of 10-county San Francisco Bay Area (SFBA) nursing school faculty in informatics and health system educators responsible for nursing informatics training. The workshop will strengthen implementation of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses curriculum enhancements underway in the San Francisco Bay Area and nationally.
Please note that this informatics workshop is targeted to nursing personnel in the 10-county San Francisco Bay Area (SFBA) and Northern California (NOCAL). However, should space be available at the close of registration, applicants outside of the targeted participant area may be considered. In the meantime, non-SFBA/NOCAL candidates will be placed on the workshop waiting list. Waitlisted applicants will be notified of their status no later than Friday, September 7, 2012.
This initiative uses a “train the trainer” approach to prepare a cadre of nursing faculty and area healthcare educators with the capacity to:
1. lead other faculty/educators in their institution in efforts to incorporate this content into the curriculum for nursing students,
2. teach and mentor students/employees regarding the concepts and skills necessary for the delivery of high quality and safe patient care, and
3. train other faculty/educators to accomplish these goals.