Participants will be competitively selected through an Application Process. Faculty members and hospital educators interested in applying for one of the five QSEN Faculty Development Workshops must be committed to the following after attending the conference:
- Critically assessing the nursing curriculum
- Training other faculty at their home institution
- Implementing necessary changes to increase informatics content in the nursing curricula
- Participating in both short-term and long-term evaluation of the project
Applications must be completed online. The application is available at http://www.aacn.nche.edu/qsen/workshop-application.
The QSEN Faculty Development Workshops are open to clinical and didactic faculty teaching quality and safety in graduate-level nursing programs and public or health systems. Selection of institute participants will be based on the following:
- Teaching in an graduate-level registered nurse program or at a medical center
- Commitment to enhancing and implementing necessary changes on QSEN content in graduate-level registered nurse curricula
- Commitment to training other faculty and educators upon return from the workshop
- Agreement to participate in short-term and long-term evaluation of the project
- Attendees will also be asked to develop professional goals to facilitate enhancement of graduate-level QSEN content in nursing courses in their home schools or medical centers. These goals will be submitted prior to the workshop and likely will be revised after attendance.
Acceptance decisions will be released on a rolling basis beginning on November 20, 2012. Incomplete applications or applications without required components will not be accepted. A notice of incomplete application with revised instructions will be sent to candidates who must re-submit their application.
The workshops will offer an intensive program designed to enhance the ability of nursing faculty and hospital educators to effectively develop graduate-level QSEN content and competencies among graduates of their programs. Applications will be accepted until the dates mentioned below.
New Orleans, LA QSEN Faculty Development Workshop
Held on January 16-17, 2013
(half day on 16th and half day on 17th)
Application Deadline: December 7, 2012
Orlando, FL QSEN Faculty Development Workshop
Held on February 20-21, 2013
(half day on 20th and half day on 21st)
Application Deadline: February 1, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA QSEN Faculty Development Workshop
Held on April 10, 2013
Application Deadline: March 15, 2013
San Antonio, TX - QSEN Faculty Development Workshop
Held on May 1, 2013
Application Deadline: April 5, 2013
Naples, FL - QSEN Faculty Development Workshop
Held on January 22, 2014
Application Deadline: December 20, 2013
Applications will be reviewed and invitations offered to those applicants that meet the selection criteria. However, space is limited, and should the workshop registration limit be reached prior to that date, the Web site will reflect that applications are closed.
For questions regarding the application process, contact:
QSEN Project Coordinator
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 463-6930 ext. 269
Fax: (202) 785-8320