About Data Center
Institutional Data Systems and Research Center
Since 1978, AACN's Institutional Data Systems and Research Center (IDS) has been the center of the Association's authoritative national databank. AACN’s Research Center is the primary resource for data on baccalaureate and graduate nursing education programs for federal and state agencies, foundations, media, and individual nursing programs. Annually, IDS collects and reports the most current data to the nursing education community on student enrollment and graduations as well as faculty demographics, salaries, and vacancy rates in baccalaureate and graduate programs of nursing. AACN continues to receive high response rates (90.0% for the 2013 Annual Survey) and has a data collection to report publication time that remains unmatched by other organizations.
- Annual Survey of Baccalaureate and Graduate Nursing Programs
- Faculty and Doctoral Student Roster Survey
- Annual Faculty Vacancy Survey
Enrollment and Graduations in Baccalaureate and Graduate Programs in Nursing
- Number of programs, by type, that currently exist, are being planned, and are phasing out
- Student enrollment and graduations by type of program
- Five-year trend analyses for baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs
Salaries of Instructional and Administrative Nursing Faculty in Baccalaureate and Graduate Programs in Nursing
- Faculty salaries according to rank, degree-level, and type of institution by numerous characteristics, including tenure status and region
- Selected faculty characteristics, including age profiles
Salaries of Deans in Baccalaureate and Graduate Programs in Nursing
- Deans' salaries and characteristics
In addition to making the most current data on students and faculty available in our annual publications, AACN also offers customized reports to meet the individual needs and preferences of member institutions. Customized reports - tailor-made to a school's individual specifications from AACN's respected, authoritative data - help deans compare their institutions with other similar institutions. Reports can be provided for your school and a group of comparison institutions of your choice on variables such as enrollment and graduations by type of program or faculty salaries according to rank and degree level.